Monday, July 28, 2008

I've been hangin' in the Scrap City!

So there's this kick-butt message board called TheScrapCity.com, and it's become my new home away from home. This past weekend there was an online crop, and I was busy! Here's some snapshots of some of the challenges I completed.

Challenge #2 was to use the ScrapCity kit I got in the mail to make 4 cards. I'd like to thank Wendy & Jen for that kit-it was AWESOME. SO many goodies in a pretty little box!

The kit that came in the mail:

And here are my 4 cards:

Challenge #3 was to use the sketch that Wendy posted to make a layout. I decided to use pictures of my friend Chelsea and I from over the years. When I first saw Wendy's sketch I thought it would be a great way to make some sort of timeline-therefore I chose the title "Then & Now". The first picture is us on our High School graduation. The middle is of us a couple years later in my aunt's pool at like, midnight! The last picture is us a couple months ago. I love that girl!

Challenge #10 was to use a Black & White photo on a layout. I took it one step farther, and wanted to make the WHOLE layout B&W...but..I had to use a little red, too! Again, Chelsea & I. And I really don't like the way it turned out. I wish I hadn't already used glue dots to put down the thickers crooked...I liked them at first...now I wish I could move them :(

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Cutie patootie layouts!!!! I left you something on my blog, check it out!!!

Lisa said...

I love the best friends layout!

I didn't leave you out, I broke the rules because I want you to be my new BFF in cyber space too!

Jessica said...

I love your stuff! I am so glad you came over to the city, We love you! :D

wendy said...

Very cute :). Thanks for joining us!!